Goals & Objectives
The purpose of this lab is to familiarize the user with the Cisco TDM-to-IP solution built on the ASR-900 and NCS-4200 platforms.
The lab steps include:
- Explore the chassis configuration on both the ASR-903 and NCS-4206 routers.
- Explore the routing configuration in order to understand how the IP network works.
- Configure the TDM services, including T1 & T3 controller interfaces, circuit emulators and MPLS layer-2 pseudowires.
- Validate end-to-end TDM-to-IP functionality using Bit Error Rate Testing (BERT).
Hardware & Software
- ASR-903 Router
- A900-IMA2Z linecard for TenGigEthernet Interfaces
- A900-IMA3G-IMSG linecard for T1 & T3 Controller Interfaces
- NCS-4206 Router
- 2x NCS4200-1T8LR-PS linecards for TenGigEthernet Interfaces
- NCS-4200-3GMS linecard for T1 & T3 Controller Interfaces