Software Defined Mobile Network Workshop
As the industry moves toward 5G, mobile networks will become increasingly software-driven and built with a variety of vendors to enable scale and increase agility. Deploying future proof, end-to-end open network solutions is critical to foster innovate and compete in an increasingly crowded playing field.
This workshop explores WWT's Software Defined Mobile Network and how it can deliver a disaggregated, virtualized, best-of-breed, and fully open mobile network.
Service providers need help accelerating the integration and adoption of innovative technology solutions that make up a Software Defined Mobile Network to fully realize their benefits. In this workshop, our team of experts will work with you to:
- Develop a problem statement, set goals and understand the industry landscape.
- Identify use cases and develop a business case to align people, process and technology.
- Understand your existing network topology and review deployment options.
- Choose a network blueprint, create a strategy and plan for deployment, migration and optimization.
WWT's Software Defined Mobile Network (SDMN) solution is a multi-vendor, software-based end-to-end mobile network that includes the open Radio Access Network (Open RAN), transport and mobile core solutions -- each virtualized and residing on commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware.
WWT can help service providers more rapidly deploy SDMN within their network by providing fully-integrated cloud-based, virtualized solution blueprints that operators can leverage to accelerate 4G and forge a clear path toward broader 5G adoption.
Because each network has its own fingerprint, no two SDMN deployments are the same. Therefore, the scope of this workshop will vary depending on network and organizational readiness. Broadly speaking, the workshop will follow the below agenda:
- Understand SDMN technologies and the benefits they afford service providers.
- Overview of the SDMN ecosystem (vendors, policies, alliances, etc.)
- Detail challenges and barriers and how they can be overcome.
- Capture current state of the network and identify an implementation path.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for service providers seeking to incorporate disaggregation and virtualization within their networks. Particularly, the workshop is for, but not limited to:
- Solution/Principal architects
- Portfolio managers
- Technical engineers
- Advisors and consultants
- Understand your priorities and concerns.
- Propose an end-to-end open blueprint/architecture for modernizing a mobile network.
- Explore how an end-to-end open solution applies to the FCC mandated rip and replace use case:
- Walk through the steps form start to finish.
- Provide considerations and potential timeline.
- Be relevant for operators not facing the rip and replace scenario.
What makes WWT unique?
WWT has a deep and unique understanding of the service provider industry and the network architectures within it. Our subject matter experts have consultative expertise to align, integrate and accelerate operators' ability to deploy, consume and monetize next-generation technology platforms. These capabilities, combined with our world-class partnerships with leading and emerging OEMs, make WWT an unparalleled service provider partner.