- SDDC definition
- Why you should build an SDDC
- Identify SDDC components
- Review tools available in vRealize Suites
- Review packaged solutions for SDDC
- Map SDDC components to your organization
WWT can help organizations plan an effective path to developing an SDDC. The WWT SDDC Planning Workshop is a one-day session designed to introduce all of IT to the key elements of SDDC. This strategy session will help you evaluate service management, cloud management platform, operations, automation and infrastructure virtualization. It will also look at the outcomes for different types of users and how it modifies their interaction with IT and data center services.
- Service Management will govern how the typical user interacts with the SDDC.
- Cloud Management Platform is the layer where your platform engineering team will focus their support and automation.
- Operations Management will need to be re-defined to facilitate new ways in which users will interact with the platform.
- Infrastructure Automation is necessary to abstract ‘mundane’ tasks such as systems, network, and storage management.
- Infrastructure Virtualization will be defined in a manner that supports programmatic access to the underlying hardware resources.
This workshop will help you understand how an SDDC supports several key transformational efforts including private cloud. Afterwards, you will be able to understand the key decisions that go into a properly designed SDDC and will be ready for a design engagement with WWT and your selected SDDC platform.